Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Hot and Humid


Well hello family!                                                                        September 3, 2013

This week has been pretty good, several miracles, and well, lots and lots of heat and humidity.  And it is really bad when your ac breaks and so...that was our adventure this week!    It got up to almost 100 degrees in our apartment before it got fixed, and we also spent the night in another sisters’ apartment while it was getting fixed.   So, that was an adventure! And the night before, we'd had about 6 fans that we borrowed from members. But it has been hot around here, so we are praying for cooler air!!! :)
  
So this week has been good, and pretty busy! We have been teaching a lot of new people, all of which I told you about in the letter I sent off today, but I'll share some highlights from this week! 

So, on Friday we taught a lady named Mackey, and her daughter Trinity.  They have been friends with members for quite a few years now, and Trinity even went to girl’s camp this past summer (she is 12). So we were teaching them the restoration, and right after we shared Joseph Smith’s experience, I felt prompted to invite them to be baptized.   So I did.  Mackey was a little bit shocked, but, she said yes, and then, Trinity raises her hand, with tears streaming down her face, and asks if she can be baptized too!  It was amazing!   Then they both asked what they needed to do to be able to be baptized! So that was a miracle, and we will be teaching them again this afternoon, so we are super stoked about that!!!

Also, Janis wants to get baptized, so we will be working with her as well!! :)
  
So, This week really has been wonderful!  It has been fun and hot. We've been teaching a lot, a lot of members, which is great practice, and well, my testimony gets strengthened nearly every single day! :)

This morning was great!   Why?  Because during personal study I was reading all about the Book of Mormon, and from the Book of Mormon! So, I needed to follow up on the challenge I gave you a few months ago, about reading the Book of Mormon with a question in mind, how is that going for you?!?! What experiences have you had!?

I am so grateful that you have been able to recognize the Spirit more in your life while I have been gone.  I know that the Lord is blessing each of us as I am here serving.  It has been such an amazing experience so far, and really, I can't believe that I've been a missionary for almost 7 months now.  What a blessing, and man, time is just flying by!! :)  It has been wonderful so far!  :) I've loved every second.  :)   

So, This week is transfer week, and both sister Putnam and I will be staying since she is still training.   A lot of our zone is getting transferred, so it will be fun to be able to meet a lot of new missionaries in the coming weeks!   

I honestly can't believe that I've been in Irvine for 6 weeks already, I feel as though I just got here.  But the work is moving, and it has been a wonderful thing to be a part of!  And I truly hope that I will be able to serve here for a long time!

OH, also some news.  So more and more missionaries are coming out, so we are now doing a car share.   So starting this week, we'll only have the car Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursdays.  And we'll be walking a lot.  (Our area is probably the smallest in our mission).  So that will be oodles of fun!    We are excited and nervous for the change, and we hope that everything will work out, it will just be different at first, and we'll just keep praying for cooler weather! :)  So that's us.   I'm just crazy as usual, talking to anyone and everyone about the gospel, and planning how I'll be a member missionary when I get home.  Which is quite fun!
  
Oh, so yesterday, we were listening to some of Sister Putnam's CD's, and well, part of a song that was in our Hans Zimmer medley came on, and it just took me to my happy place, which was great!  Since we haven’t gotten mail yet since it is transfers today, so I was able to remember home a little bit! :)

RACHEL COVERT IS GETTING MARRIED>!???!?? FREAK!! Tell her I say congrats, and to send me a wedding announcement. I can't believe that she is engaged!?!?  That is very cool though! :)
  
It is weird to be thinking that school is starting, and I'm not going to school.  It is super weird to think that Karson, my little baby is going to be in first grade, and that Easton is going to be in preschool.  And Briggs is getting baptized?  However did I get so old? I just don't understand!!  But, I am grateful for the time on earth that we do have, and the experiences that we get to go through.   All have a purpose, and all truly do help us know that there is a God, and that there is a purpose to everything that we experience.   

I am so grateful for this gospel.  For Jesus Christ who is our Savior!    I am so grateful to be a missionary at this time! It is truly a blessing! :)   I love the gospel, and I love my Father in Heaven! I love serving him! :)  

I hope that you have a great week, I hope that things go well, and that you can find a dress for Kenna! Can't wait to see pictures! :)   I hope that you keep smiling, I hope that Labor Day was fun and that work and school continue to go well!! :)

I'll talk to you real soon!

I love you!!!!!

Love,

Sister Taylor Burningham 

p.s. Thanks for the medical info, and I know exactly where the doctor’s office is, it's in my area! I'll go there soon! :)  Thanks mommy! :)

I love you all! :)   Have a great week! 

And enjoy the pictures! :) (in the next email!) 


Ok, so there is an elder in my ward (that is serving with me) and his name is Elder McCullough...I think that is how you spell it.   But, he home taught Rachel Covert when he was at BYU, and he knows the guy she is engaged too, so just thought I'd tell you the random connections that happen, even while serving in California!   So, that’s that, if you see Rachel, and tell her congrats for me, you'll have to tell her that I know her old home teacher.   HaHa.  Crazy.  How am I this old?  How can I know people getting married?!?!?!?!

I love you! :) 

and Kenna and Daddy too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment