Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Look for the Happiness


Hello Family!! :)                                                                                   September 10, 2013

How are you doing???

I heard about the crazy weather, but I didn't know it was that crazy!!! But that really does sound like this past weekend was an adventure! But I am glad that all is well, that you are safe, and that things are drying up! :)   

Things are good here, this week has been a good one!  Lots of changes and new things though.  

Ok lets see where to start.  Hmm Mackey and Trinity.  So, we taught them on Tuesday and on Friday.  And on Tuesday, when we got there, Trinity said that she was already nearly done with First Nephi!  This twelve year old girl is just soaking up the gospel! It is a miracle!  It is amazing!! :)   So that was great.  So far, Mackey still wants to be baptized, but doesn’t without her husband, so that has been a little bit of a roadblock, but we are praying for him nearly all the time, and we will stop by tonight to see how they are doing! :)   We get to teach Grace this week, she previously disappeared, k well, not really, she just has been super, super busy! :)   But, we get to teach her on Wednesday, and I guess the Elders stopped by on Saturday and she told them that she was super excited about our appointment, so it should be good.  We will most likely be inviting her to be baptized!

Speaking of baptisms...3 weeks ago we learned about opening windows, and we did the next day, and met Lucia, at the park,  and we taught her, and have kept in contact with her.   And guess what!!! She was baptized yesterday!!  She called us and told us how happy she was! :)  So that was just an amazing thing to kind of be a part of! Miracles happen every single day!  All around the world!! The Lord is hastening his work! The elect are being found! :)    So, that was pretty great, even though we weren't able to go and see it, I am so grateful that the gospel is true everywhere!! :)

Hmm ok, so for the changes. For one, we started walking.  So, that is really different. But great, we are able to talk to more people, but I think once it cools down we will be able to talk to even more, but right now, there aren't many people out and about because it is still so hot.  So that was an adventure.  And our AC broke, again. But they fixed the motor, so we should be good!!!   And thank goodness, because it has been hot.   I'll be glad when we get the car again, but it will be fun to keep walking, and get to know the area better than we already do!!  Second thing that is different, I'm in a trio now.  And I'm not only training sister Putnam, I'm now training Sister Lang as well. She joined us here in Irvine on Saturday, from her first area that she had been in for just 6 weeks.  She was in a companionship that really was just too far gone to be saved, so we have her now, and that has been an adventure, training two people, but I feel that the Lord has prepared me, and that He really is holding me up, and giving me the words of direction to say, so that these sisters can be the Missionaries and the people that He intends for them to be.  :)   So, that is my week, new changes, but new opportunities.  I am learning so much from both of them, and I am so grateful that I have been given this opportunity to grow in this way!!

The Lord's work is truly amazing.  The gospel is true!! :)  We have so many reasons to rejoice, the fact that God has a plan for us, that there is a purpose to everything we do, that God loves us! That we are His Children!  That the Book of Mormon is the word of God. That babies are so cute!   haha, even though I can't hold them for 11 more months, that is ok!   haha.  But, things are just great!!   And so, this week, I really want to challenge you to look for the little things.  Look for the happiness.  The world is growing ever and ever darker, we are going to need to be the examples, and the sources of light to all of those around us.  There are many even within the church that are slipping and sliding, and falling into the dark.  We need to help them.  And that starts with us.  So, this week, look for the happiness, and I can't wait to hear all about it in your letters and emails next week!! :)  So, this week has been good, I've been looking for the happiness.  And I just love how much God is in the details of our lives.  I am so blessed to be serving in Irvine, to have the companions that I do, the mission that I am in.  It truly is exactly what I needed, and I am sure that everyday for the rest of forever I will know why this was the mission that I was called to serve in.  :)

I hope that you have a great week!  Be that light for someone else, share your testimony, share a smile!  Be courageous and proud to know that you are a part of the church of God.   Share that, because the world needs it. :) 

And, yes, I'm a missionary, so I am inviting you, just as we do with the members here, to strengthen yourselves, then strengthen those around you! :)

I love you all, I hope that you have grand week, stay close to the Spirit, keep smiling! :)

I love you!

Love, 

Sister Taylor Burningham

P.S.  I can wear maxi skirts now, so I'd like my dress at some point. Also, for Christmas and birthday...if Mika Rose has any skirts that are similar to the pleated ones I got before, that would be great... one or two, size small.  Hmmm…also, modbe white and black shirts, like the black one Kenna and I both had, those would be great. (I won't need them till Christmas, but just some ideas)  New shirts would be grand, I'm getting bored.  I probably won't come home with a lot of the things that I brought, just because I wear it everyday. So, that's all I can think of now. I'm actually pretty set on journals, there was a composition notebook sale (they were 70 cents...) haha.  But, one thing that I would love from EVERYONE is pictures, either in a scrapbook, or just pictures from the year, since I haven't been there, that would give me great joy! :)   So, there are some ideas!

Have a great week! 

I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment