Sunday, June 2, 2013

San Clemente


Well... We found out about transfers...                                                                     May 21, 2013

I'll be staying here!  :)   Sister Longhurst will be leaving tonight at our transfer meeting, and I'll be here, I'm not training.  So that is a little bit comforting!  But I will have a new Sister, and I'll know everything about the area, so, well, I am looking forward to the new experiences that I'll be having here!  Hopefully I will work even harder than I have and that things will continue to be good!!! :)

Well, things are going well... But I do have to say, we won't be getting mail until tonight, so again, I have nothing to write back to, so I won't be sending mail home today :( sorry about that! But I'll make up for it next week.  But this week, only an email, so I'll make it a good one!!!

It was the last week of the transfer, and we helped a few people move.   So I have officially decided (I think I decided this already, when we moved 5 years ago) that really, I want to move as little as possible.  Because it is a pain.  Though, helping people move has also inspired me to go through the stuff that I don't need, or want.  Not that missionaries have too many things…just a few suitcases.  :) But, I think sometime during the next six weeks I'll be sending a package home with some things!!  Speaking of things...I’ll tell you at the end of my email what I want you to send me...not too much.  :)  It won't be hard :)  haha.

Anyway.  So we've been helping people move! We even helped a non member and her mom move stuff out of her garage, because she is getting a divorce so we were helping get her ex husband's things out.    But it was a great opportunity to talk to them, they didn't know a whole lot about the church, but they do want to have a prayer (blessing) said over their home, so once she gets all settled, she'll hopefully be calling us! :)   So that was a cool thing!

We also had a missionary breakfast on  Saturday!  It was a good turn out, and well, it was fun!  Our ward mission leader is a baker (it's his hobby)  and so he made apple and lemon turnovers! Which were fabulous!

We got the call on Saturday about who was leaving, and it will be sad to have Sister Longhurst go.  But, I am excited to stay here in San Clemente!  I love it!  And I love the people!

Speaking of people, we had a miracle last week!  With Jennifer, she is a recent convert who is struggling with coming to church.  So last Tuesday we went over after our p-day, and we were just talking to her but she wasn't really listening.  We were talking about how bad things happen, even when we are good people, because she doesn't know why bad things are happening to her right now.   I then invited her to get on her knees and pray, and ask God why, why these things are happening and what do she need to do.  Then, open the Book of Mormon, and you will get an answer.    I don't think she really believed me.  But, we left and we were planning, and it had been like 10 minutes and she called us.  So we answered, and she was shocked and happy, but she had done just that, gotten down on her knees, prayed, asked, then read the scriptures.   She found something that applied directly to her!  It was simply amazing! The Lord does answer questions! He does know each and everyone of us!   I also know that the Book of Mormon was written for us, it wasn't written for anyone else. But it was written for our day, and for us!  And how amazing is that! :)   So keep on reading it! :)  So that was a miracle that we saw this week! 

So, I am doing good!  This week has been a little rough, we've been kind of lazy, and not really that I have wanted to be lazy, but it is hard to be the one pushing all of the time.  Which is what I felt I was doing.   But, my motivation is back, and well, new companion, new transfer.  It is going to be great!  

Also, I will (99% positive) be in the Irvine mission.  Because this is the last transfer before everything changes, and it will probably be a funny long transfer (since the mission will switch right after transfers, so we'll probably just make the transfer longer) But we aren't positive on that, just the fact that I'll probably be staying!  So that is exciting and different, but I know that it is where the Lord needs me to be! :)

Hmmm ok…Oh yes, what I would like you to send me. 2 cds. 1.  Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat, and 2. (if you can find it before you send the package) it's called The Work, by, I think, the Nashville Tribute.   It is an amazing missionary cd.  And you can use my card to pay for it ;) but Sister Longhurst has it, and she will be leaving, so, :) ya.. :)   But if you can't find it, that's ok!  OK, so I think that is pretty much everything.  I know this wasn't super long, but we did do a LOT of service this week! and then yesterday had lunch with Kirk and said goodbye to some people as we went about our day working!
  
I’ll let you know how the first week with my new companion goes next week!  And who she is and where she is from!

I'll keep smiling!  I know that I am here for a reason, and I love being a missionary!  I love that I have an opportunity to serve the Lord, to share what I know with all of those around me!  I love it!  And I do love the gospel!! :)  I hope you have an amazing week!  I’ll be praying for you! And well.... watch for the miracles! Pray to have a missionary opportunity (and then go out and look for it!)

I love you so much!!! :)

I'll talk to you soon!!!!

Love, Sister Taylor Burningham

P.S.  Have an amazing week, even though it will be busy!!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment