Sunday, June 2, 2013

Mother's Day and Exchanges


Hello Dear family!!                                                                                        May 7, 2013

I loved getting on my email today and seeing the emails from you, so happy and positive, I am so glad that you are doing well!!! :)

Ok, so for mothers day, we will be calling around 4:30 here so... 5:30 there right?   We will be at the Boyes home (the same one as Easter) they offered to have us over and to use skype.   I'm not exactly sure how skype works, and I don't have one... or anything, so I'll probably use theirs, but mom, didn't Sister Boyes email you?   Email her and ask her what her name is or... well... I just don't know how it works. But, I know that it will all work out :) and if you don't hear back from her, I'll call first and add you on skype or whatever, and well…it will work :)   Ok, does that make sense?   5:30 your time.  Skyping hopefully!  I can't wait to talk to you, it will be fabulous!

This week has been a good one!   We went on exchanges last week, and Sister Longhurst went to the other area and I stayed here, so I was in charge of this area, which was a little bit stressful, but also so awesome! It was a great experience for me, since I was a little bit more in charge, I knew the families, and I was able to lead the discussions.   It was something that I've only started to do in our 12 week training program, so it was a little different, but it was great! And I have a testimony of the Holy Ghost, I am not the teacher here, only the mouthpiece.  This is the Lord's work and I am just an instrument.  I am not mighty, (thanks dad for that thought from President Uchtdorf)  but it is by small and simple things that great things are brought to pass.  And I know that that is true!! :)  So our exchanges went well, and I think my confidence increased, as well as how much I depend on the Lord! :)

We had Zone Conference yesterday.  And it was FABULOUS!  I was able to see a few missionaries from my MTC district that I haven't seen for 3 months, and then, we were all Spiritually fed and able to learn more about how we can be better missionaries! Which was just wonderful! :)  So that was grand, and being taught by the Spirit like that reminded me about the MTC, and I am so glad that we continue to have trainings so that we can continue to be better missionaries!

I realized that I don't really share a whole lot all the time about what we are doing here.  This area is a hard one honestly, even President commented yesterday (as we were talking about desires)  He asked if my desire was to do what I had been called to do, I smiled and said yes.  And he said to everyone “see she's smiling even though she is in one of the hardest area's of the mission".  This area is hard to work with simply because we can only find through our own efforts so much, we really need the help of the ward, with referrals and members at our lessons.   But there is a disconnect somewhere, so we don't get too many referrals.  But we get up every day and we do our best.  We talk to members to get to know them, and sometimes their friends that aren't members come up.  We are patient as we work with our ward council, and do what we can to help them.  And as we are obedient the Lord blesses us (for example, Kirk).  Things do happen as we are obedient!  And Yes, I LOVE this ward, I LOVE this area, I love love love San Clemente.   But the missionary work is slow, but I am learning patience, to trust in the Lord and His timing.  It has been a wonderful experience so far, and I am so glad that I am serving here! that I am able to help strengthen this area of the Lord's vineyard!   :)    And yes, you should tell Trevor that I'm also known as the missionary that smiles all the time (at least according to President) it must be a Burningham thing ;)
  
We fill our days with visiting members, going through our potential investigators sheet in our area book and talking with less actives.   We stay busy, and get home tired.   But a good kind of tired.  One thing that I really have been focusing on is exactly what President Hinckley's dad told him to do, "forget yourself and go to work."  It is hard sometimes.  But I've found that as I focus on the people, on the Lord, I am happier, I am more motivated, the days go by so quickly and I just want to do better and better each day.  I am learning truly what it means to serve God with all my heart, might, mind and strength, and it is amazing. Simply amazing :) I love being a missionary!!

I'm glad that things are going well at home, that concert was great, I can't wait to see pictures! ;)  I’m glad that things are going well and that Karson and Easton are being as cute as always!

About dance, I don't think Angela has ever taken anyone off. Kenna, I love that you are worried about that, I remember feeling that exact same way when I'd been on Varsity my Junior year and I was so anxious to find out if I'd be on Varsity again.   But I know that you have been working hard, I don't think you need to worry.  But I understand completely about why you are worried.  We must be sisters or something, we have some of the same fears. ;)

Hmmm I think we may get a Conference Ensign, but only one.   I would LOVE to have my own so that I can study it, it was an amazing conference and I am so glad that we have the Ensign so that we can constantly remember what the prophet is telling us today! :)  

Wow, I have had a lot to say today! :)  Which I do think is a great thing! :)   And I'm sure things will happen between now and Sunday, I am excited to talk to you!! :)   And I don't think I will get homesick.  Because I have found a trick that works for me.   Well actually a few.   There have been a few mornings (actually a few weeks ago) when I would wake up and just have the thought "I don't want to be here." I knew that it wasn't my thoughts, that it was from Satan.  So I would run, and then, I wouldn't think about home or about me.  I'd think about the people we would see that day, the things that the Spirit had been teaching me.   And it worked!  So I've been homesick a few mornings every now and then, but then I remember why I came out on a mission, to share what we have with others, to serve our Heavenly Father, the list goes on, but as I remember those things, as I forget myself, suddenly I am not homesick, and I am truly enjoying myself! I am blessed in that way! :) 

Well, I love you all!   I am so grateful that we are able to talk to each other weekly, and well, hmm it is wonderful!    I have a challenge for you this week, yesterday at our Zone Conference we were talking about desires, and how we will begin to teach people when we know of their deepest desires.  So I was thinking, what is my deepest desire?   I came up with an answer this morning as I was getting ready, my deepest desire is to become as Christ is, so that I will know Him when I see Him, because I will be like Him.    So I ask you, what is your deepest desire?  And what is one thing that you can do each day that will bring you closer to that desire that you have :)   

I love you so much! Thank you for your love and support!!    I hope that you have a marvelous week, I'll talk to you soon!   On Sunday ;)! 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!!

Love, Sister Taylor Burningham!

P.S.  Awesome, I can't wait to get my package! ;)  and for the next one in a few weeks.... sunglasses. My green ones, and maybe my pink and clear ones as well.  See, I have amazing luck when it comes to sunglasses, and one of the lenses in my current ones has a crack going right down the middle.  Getting bigger and bigger too.  haha.  Oh well :)  But that’s all!  ;)

I love you! :)  Talk to you soon!  Hugs and Kisses! 

No comments:

Post a Comment