Sunday, June 2, 2013

Miracles & Forgiveness


Hello,                                                                               May 14, 2013

I feel like I just talked to you, oh wait, I did, on Sunday!  It was great to hear from all of you!!  I loved being able to see your smiling faces and to know that you are happy and doing well!!  It was a great motivation to me, I do miss you, but I have been thinking a lot the past few days since our phone call, and I know that this is exactly where I need to be.  It has been confirmed to me over and over.  I need to be on a mission right now.  It has already been such a blessing in my own life, and I'm only 3 months old. :)  But truly,  I love you and I miss you, but right now, my heart is here in the work and I am just, well loving it!  But, no homesickness! :)  Thank goodness!  I woke up yesterday beyond excited to go running (ummm weird!)  and then truly just pumped for the day!   So thanks for giving me that energy! :)

We had a miracle this past week, we had stopped by a potential investigator, but she wasn't home.  We started to walk away and then we heard "Sisters!!" So turned to see a woman standing on her balcony, we walked over to her and talked to her and her husband for a little bit.   We set up an appointment, and then yesterday we went over to their home.  They are less active, both born and raised in the church and they both want so badly to return.  It was amazing as we talked to them, as you let the Spirit in, we are able to listen with Spiritual ears and know exactly what we need to say.  The blessings that come from this Gospel are simply amazing, we are so blessed!!!   But, this couple Joyee and Thomas are coming to church on Sunday!  :) And we'll be sitting with them, right on the front row (that was her request).  

I learned a cool thing this week about forgiveness, and I think that it has helped me open my eyes a little bit, and not be so quick to judge others. When we take that first step to get back on the path to our Father in Heaven, He forgives us.  Just as in the story of the Prodigal Son, as the son was barely starting to come home, his father saw him afar off, and then HE RAN TO HIM!   The Lord does the same with us, there is nothing that we could ever do that would stop Him from running to us as we start to make our way back. But that is the important part, that we take that step, that we choose to turn to our Heavenly Father, humbly, knowing that we are at fault, but as soon as we ask for forgiveness, it is given.  We just need to learn to forgive ourselves! 

I am glad that you are still studying from Preach My Gospel, I am studying about charity this month, and really having Christlike Love!  What an amazing thing to have, I hope someday to be able to love as Christ does! :)

Today, I'll send a letter, I did get your package!  But there was no letter pouch, so none of us got letters this week.... and since next week is transfers, we won't get letters until transfer meeting.  But, that's all right.  I’m learning to be patient, and it is a good system, but just know that when I write today I won't be responding to any new letters! :)  We are so blessed with technology,  I am so glad I was able to see your smiling faces, and not just in a picture! :)  And now, to be emailing, well, it truly is amazing!!  Everything in this world is! :)
  
Time is going by so quickly!  Stay busy, but not just busy, productive!  Use your time wisely! :)   Enjoy every single second! :)
  
I love you!  So much!  I love that we will be together forever, and that we have the gospel on the earth today!  
  
Keep smiling!  Keep doing good things!
  
I LOVE YOU!!!
  
I'll talk to you soon!

Love, Sister Taylor Burningham

P.S.   Don't forget to write down the miracles you see in your everyday lives! :)

Sending my love, my hugs and my kisses! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment