Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Rain, Playhouses and Transfers



Hello family!                                                                        October 15, 2013

The library was closed yesterday so we get to email today! :) So that is super great!  So, this week was a good one, lots of pictures for me to send you! 

So first things first, I am sure you are all dying to know about transfers.  I'll be in Irvine for another 6 weeks (at least) and I'll be with...Sister Putnam and Sister Lang!!!! We are all staying, so that is pretty awesome! We are all excited.  Not many people are getting transferred this transfer, so it should be exciting! :)

So, my week!  It has been a great one! :)   On Tuesday we invited Judy to be baptized, and she wants to be!  So that is great!  She is picking a date, and tonight we will talk about that! :)   So that is grand!  Kelly is doing good, she always is bringing up baptism, but she won't pick a date yet, or accept one, but we are working with her! :)   And then we had a miracle on Sunday!!!  5 investigators at church! Mackey CAME!! :)  That was great, and she brought her kids, so that was wonderful, and then Judy was there, and Shirin and Elizabeth, who invited us over for Indian food next Sunday, so we are excited for that!

On Wednesday...the best day ever...IT POURED!!!! It was great! I've really missed rain, haven't really seen any my whole mission, so it was really wonderful, and then well...awkward, cause guess what sister missionary realized she didn’t have a rain coat...that would be me.  And also, I happened to leave my umbrella in San Clemente...so...that was an adventure, but we had the car that day, so that was grand!!   Then, that night, we ate dinner with the Morelands, and they have this fabulous playhouse, that is like a mini house, it is crazy!  And really cool, so I was acting like a little girl on Christmas, but it was great! :)  
  
Thursday was good, we had a Zone Conference, and Elder Falebella (in the 70 I think) came and spoke to us with his wife, and that was just WONDERFUL and Spiritual! :)  And then, we had to get flu shots...which made both of my companions get a little bit of a cold (minor flu like symptoms) so, that’s no fun for them, but for me, I'm ok! :)   And then...great news, we got a full time car! (They didn't want us walking in the dark! yay for us!) So we have a beautiful white Chevy Cruze.  I miss the corolla, but I can't complain really, it is a brand new car, may even be a 2014, not sure.... but I mean, I am in Orange County. haha :) but we were happy about that!

Friday was a good one, we planned, and then, we had our own dinner, cause no one had signed up (or so we thought) and then we went out to visit some families, and we got a call, that said we were supposed to have dinner with this family, who our ward wanted us to have dinner with...so we went there, and had a second dinner.  Which was a good thing that it was taco salad, so we didn’t have to eat too much, but still...2 dinners, don’t recommend that! :)

Saturday was fun!  We helped with a service project (I’ll send you some pictures) and then, 3 girls from our ward got baptized (they just turned 8) but one of them we had taught the lessons too, so it was great to see them get baptized!  

Then Sunday, we had our miracle of investigators at church, and so that was great!!

We had a pretty good week, and it sounds like you did as well!  It was weird to think about you all being up in Snowbird, and me not being there.  This is the first year in as long as I can remember that I'm not there, even if it is only for a day or two.  So that was a little weird to think about! :)   

But, it is also weird that I passed my 8 month mark on Sunday. I can't even believe it! It is gong by so quickly! And that is just amazing!   :)  I can't believe that I've been out that long, but I am so excited for the many more days and adventures that I will have! :)  

We are all excited to be still in Irvine.  Praying for miracles, but we really may see some great ones in the next 6 weeks, we have quite a few investigators, and we are hoping we can help them towards baptism! :)

I hope you have a great week family! :) You are amazing, and I love you all!

I just want to say that I love this gospel. I love the Plan of Salvation. I love that God is our Heavenly Father, and that He loves us! I know that He is real. I know that this work is real. I know that we can find happiness, as long as we turn to him!

I love you!

Love, 

Sister Taylor Burningham 
My cute companions.  Sister Lang and Sister Putnam
                                                                 


Me without a rain jacket :)
                                                              


Me in the playhouse
                                                                
                                                     
Us in our awesome orange shirts for the service project

No comments:

Post a Comment