Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Contact Crazy


Hello family!                                                                October 21, 2013

This week has been a good one, and a weird one all at the same time!  Another beginning to a transfer, and well, as of right now Sister Putnam has been my longest companion!  So, It will be different, and possibly challenging as we continue to work together, and not get too comfortable with each other!  But, things are going great! :)

This week was a good one!  We taught Judy on Tuesday night and she is going to get baptized on Nov. 23, so that is exciting (that is the last Saturday of this transfer, so we are pumped that we will be able to see her be baptized!)  She is such a great lady!  She just loves the gospel and it is great! :)

Wednesday we opened a window, and as we were talking to everyone, this Chinese man came running up to us and said, "tell me what you believe, tell me what you believe,"  so we had a lesson with him, and another with him on Friday, and then we'll be teaching him again on Wednesday!  Truly, we can find the elect or...the elect find us! :) He is great to teach, and his English is really good, but he always repeats what we say to make sure he understands, so we know everything that he understands all the time, so that is nice! But it was a great miracle! :)

So, we also had choir, it is going well, and we will be singing at firesides and sacrament meetings in Nov. I think.  So, that is pretty great!   Sister Drinkwater is now in my zone, and so on Thursday, she drove our car to choir, and I sat in the front, and our new zone leader who had been in our district previously asked if we were just trying to be companions again, it was pretty funny and made us laugh! :)

We also taught Kelly on Wednesday, (and Tues, and Thurs). She is doing well, still won't commit to a baptism date, but we are trying to help her know the  gospel is true!  Since she has been taught everything.  And she knows she should get baptized, she just doesn't know that it is true yet, and that bothers her.   But we will get there!

Thursday we had district meeting and choir, and then saw Kelly and we also went to a Relief Society activity where we made crafts, so I wrote a check to pay for it, just so you know :)    

Friday was supposed to be our planning day, but we didn't plan.  We had a mini mission conference all about adjusting to missionary life and managing stress in the morning, and then we taught Grace!!!  And she just loves the gospel!  She just isn't available to meet very often, but we are being patient, and just praying for her! :)  Then we taught Jung, and that was just great!  And we also taught Jane, who is also an investigator.   We had dinner, and then went and did some stop bys.  And I felt kinda sick, so that was no fun!  

So, Saturday we also opened a window, but we didn't find anyone, but we did talk to so many people!  We are really trying to talk to everyone, and we did this week!   We talked to 111 people, well probably more, but those are the ones that we tried to share what we believed with!   We haven't talked to that many people in a long time, so it was a good week! :)  And just fun to be talking to more and more people! :)   

Then we planned, cause we needed to do that, and then dinner, and more stop bys since most of our appointments tend to be in the daytime!

Yesterday was good, Elizabeth and her dad came to church, as well as Judy and Jane.  Also, Judith, remember her?  She was there as well! :)  So that was exciting! :)

This week has been pretty good, it's had it's ups and downs, but I'm just pushing forward! Cause I too know that this is where I am supposed to be right now! :)  And I am so grateful that I did take this opportunity to serve a mission, it truly is changing my life, and shaping me to be the person who God intended for me to be!   :)  
  
Sister Lang and Sister Putnam are doing great! :) I love them both dearly!   We are blessed to be working together! :)

Crazy how many farewells you've been going to! So many people I know will be on missions when I get home, and weirder, married...weird, weird, weird.   I’m just going to continue to be a missionary! :) haha!  It's great!

I haven't been to the doctor yet, no time last week.  But hopefully this week, so we can get my shot worked out! :)

Things are going good!   I hope you all have a great week!! :)
Always smile, God loves you!!!! Phil 4:13

Love,

Sister Taylor Burningham

No comments:

Post a Comment