Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Spectrum, Choir and Irvine


Hello family!!                                                                         November 12, 2013

It sounds like your week was a pretty good one!  Again, cause yesterday was a holiday, we are emailing on Tuesday! Which always is a little weird (funny cause for the first third of my mission my pday was on Tuesday! now that is just weird to me!)  But, anyway, this week has been a good one. We did a few mini exchanges just cause other companionships had meetings but not all of them had to go, but for one Sister Lang and I opened a window, and we talked to so many people, and did teach a lesson, but we didn't get the girl’s number, so that was a bummer.  But it was weird to be working with just one companion again, but it was also good!  

On Wednesday we did a training at district meeting.  I’m still not a huge fan of getting up in front of people, especially people who are close to my own age, but it actually went really well.  We did a training on asking members for referrals, and then helping the members who didn't have referrals with ways that they could have them in the future.  We've also been trying harder to ask for referrals since we are really bad at that.  So far we are getting better at asking, but not many people have them, but we will keep trying! :)

Thursday was really good, we were able to teach Mackey, and right now her husband isn't interested, but we are just taking baby steps with her so that we can help her be more comfortable with the gospel, and her husband as well!  We also taught Kelley, and she is doing so good! She agreed fully to pay tithing once she is baptized, and she has been drinking blue Powerade instead of iced tea, so she is really progressing!!! :) Which is just great!  

Mom, I think it is funny that you had an activity about Family History.  Cause all the missionaries in Irvine right now are getting trained on how to use familysearch so that we can help our investigators.  We have 3 classes and did one last Friday, and at the end we were able to just look at our family lines, and guess what, on Grandma Farrer’s sides one of the lines goes back to Adam and Eve  (there may or may not be some people missing, but it was still kinda cool).  But we do have a lot of work to do, even though a lot of work has been done! :)  But it should be fun, and a great tool to use in our teaching!

We talked to lots of people this week, so that was exciting, no new investigators but still working hard to find more!
We teach Judy tonight, but she is still on track for baptism, so that is exciting! :)

On Sunday we taught the Beehives, and that was fun! I love Young Women’s! :)  It is just great!!

Sunday night I got to go to San Clemente.  Our choir did our first performance at a youth fireside in San Clemente. So I got to see some of the youth that I worked with, and that was just fun! :)  And it was really powerful singing, it was great.  I kinda really like performing, though I do like dance a little more than singing ;) haha dad, always telling us to quit ;) but no, I really do love it!  But it was fun, and I'm excited to do that more!

So yesterday was Pday, and no email so we had a little extra time, so we went to the Spectrum mall, and my dear family, it is huge!!!!!   We were looking for rings and hair bows, but we didn't buy anything.  But it was a fun activity and did remind me more of the California I am used too, cause my area in Irvine is mostly just homes so we don’t see much of the outside world here.  Lots of trees (all of which are still green, which is weird)  but,  it was just fun! 
  
So, things are good here in Irvine.  Working hard, and planning to work harder still. :)   Happy 9 months tomorrow!  

Transfers are coming up, and dad to answer your question, we have 6 stakes in our mission, New Port, Irvine, Rancho Santa Margarita, Laguna Nigel, Mission Viejo, and San Clemente.  And each of those stakes have at least 7 areas. I think, I’m really not sure, so I really could go anywhere, but we won't know till the 23rd if we are getting transferred. I have a feeling I may be leaving, but who knows, only time will tell.  And I will go wherever the Lord wants me to go.

I also should mention, I am pretty blessed to be in this mission, there really isn't any crappy areas, I mean, our whole mission is in Orange County, California, so that is a blessing,  it's just hard cause everyone is comfortable with where they are at in life!  But we are working hard, and we will find teach and baptize!!!

I have also really learned that in our weakest times, as we turn to the Lord, as we give him ourselves, He is able to make us better, and help us be strong.  And that is really something I have found the past few weeks.  I am so blessed to know that God is there, that He is always willing to hold us up, and no matter what trial we may be going through, He is there, and that brings me so much happiness.  I heard once that life is just hard, with a few happy moments.  And I don’t know if I’m just optimistic, but I disagree.  I feel like life is happy (hence the Plan of HAPPINESS) and that their are hard moments, but we learn and grow and we are able to get glimpses of the eternal happiness we will have when we return to our Father in Heaven.  And I just feel like there is more good than bad in my life :)  So that's just me.

Have a great week!  Stay safe!  Do good things!

I love you!!!

Love,

Sister Taylor Burningham

Adam & Eve on FamilySearch

No comments:

Post a Comment