Friday, October 18, 2013

Hello


Hello Family! :)                                                                             September 16, 2013

How are you doing today?   On this fine Monday morning?  Things are going good here in Irvine! :)   We had 12 nonmembers in our ward yesterday, so that was really exciting!  And, dad, yesterday,  we got picked up by a member, and the wife was driving her husbands BMW, and M3 (no idea what that means, but he said that I had to say that when I told you) But, I rode in a BMW yesterday, so that was pretty exciting.  The things that you do when you don't have a car ;)   haha.

So, lets see. This week has been a pretty good one, pretty hot too.   So lets start at the beginning, last Tuesday was a really funny day.  We had a zone training, so no morning studies, which threw us all off. And then, we had a choir practice. Which was fun, but slightly embarrassing, we had to sing in front of everyone...ummm ya. Yay.  That was joyful.   And then the guy in charge told me that I'd never had professional training (uhhhh duh...I got invited to be in the choir...haha.) So that was joyous, and made me laugh.  But, the choir thing should be fun so I am really looking forward to that. :)

We started teaching Grace again, and so that is super exciting!  She wants to get baptized, and so that is great! And she was at church yesterday, and the only question she had was from Sunday School, about the plan of salvation, which we haven’t even taught her yet!  But she is excited to learn, and that is just so wonderful!!! :)
   
Hmmm, so that is Grace, what else happened this week... Oh, we had a potential investigator come to church and to a baptism on Saturday and yesterday.  So that was pretty great!   Let's see. Oh ya, we went to an interfaith event last Wednesday, and it was at our church, but very interesting. Very interesting to be able to feel the Spirit at times, and then not at other times.   So interesting how people have bits of the truth, but they don't have everything!  It is so great to be out here, being able to share with others the truth, and truly raise a warning voice, because there is so much wickedness in the world, but,  the Lord is real, and he does want all of his children to return to him!   And that is the most glorious part of the plan, that we are going to be able to return!! :)

It sounds like things are going good! :)  So that is great! :) Loved hearing about all the news, and I loved your dress Kenna, that is super cute!! :) You look so adorable!! :) I still can't believe that so many people I know are about to leave (or are leaving) for missions.  It is super, super crazy!!     It is so exciting to hear about everyone who is leaving, the Lord truly is hastening his work, and it is so wonderful to be a missionary at this time! :)    Wow, I can't believe that in Utah they are over 13 wards!!! That is crazy, sometimes I feel overwhelmed, and we are only over one ward!  That is crazy, but it just shows how different the work is in different parts of the world :)     But yes, advice to any future or current missionaries...love the people, love your companion, and the Lord will do the rest! :)   It is quite wonderful, but sometimes easier said than done. But it is doable.  :)  
  
Wow...Rachel, getting married on my birthday!   That is great! Tell her congrats!  :)   If you are able to get in contact with Katelyn I did get her letter, and I think I wrote back last week.  If I remember right...haha :)  It takes me a long time to write back to people, I have not a lot of time on pday, so I don’t write too many letters, there just seems to be more and more to do as my mission goes on, probably because it is becoming less about me, and more about everyone else!
    
Trio is still going good! I love these dear sweet sisters that I get to serve with at this time!   They are great, and we are able to talk and laugh and do the work together!   We are still working out how to teach in a trio, trying not to talk as much, so we can all help teach, and share our testimonies, but we are doing better and better each day.  So, yes, it is challenging, but it truly is a blessing and a great growing experience!! :)   

Our weather is still pretty hot, but that is ok, we are doing just fine.  The nights are getting cooler, and we try to avoid walking a lot at the hottest part of the day, so things are getting a bit cooler!  Which is nice.  It is also nice that it isn't too humid here in Irvine. :)

Hmmm so, I feel like my brain is a little scattered today, but really it has been a pretty good week, we have seen miracles, and I am truly enjoying being a missionary.   Though, it is so weird to me to be in the group of more experienced missionaries, and I've only been out 7 months. I still have so much to learn, and I hope many things to accomplish!  But, it has been a great experience so far, and I wouldn't change it for the world! :)
  
I am so grateful that nearly a year ago President Monson made the announcement that changed my life!  I feel so blessed to be able to be serving the Lord in this way, to be helping others come closer to the Lord.  Because He truly is the most important part of our lives, Him and our families! :)  I feel so blessed, and even on the hard (or hot) days, I feel His love, and I know that the things I share each day with others are true, and that truly, we have the good news of the gospel, so my question is, what are we doing to share that with the world?  :)  
I hope that all is going well! I hope that you are all still smiling and happy! I hope that life is treating you well, and that the Lord is carrying you in hard moments! :)    I hope that you keep doing good things!  And keep smiling! 

I'll send letters tomorrow! :)  I love love love love you!!! :)

Love,

Sister Taylor Burningham 

No comments:

Post a Comment