Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Focus on Christ

Hello family!                                                                                   July 28, 2014

It sounds like you had a pretty good week, and ours was really amazing as well.

We saw a lot of miracles, and just had a great time doing missionary work! :)

To be honest, I don't want to write a whole lot about my week, just cause I feel so tired today, happy but tired. This week really was good, so I will just share a few highlights.

Tuesday I had my 'exit interview' with President Orgill, where I told him about the plans that I have for school, work, family and of course how to stay active and strong in the church.  And then he shared with me an experience he had, about the correct role of the priesthood in the home and in the church.  Which he said could also be called "how to be happy."  It was really great. I am so grateful that I've been able to serve around him, and to feel the Spirit that he and Sister Orgill have brought into our mission, it has been remarkable, and I am so grateful for them.

Wednesday we had 24's again, and Sister Lin and I stayed in our area, and Sister Nicholson came with us.  And we saw so many miracles that day.  We taught a lady named Elva, who is one of our Investigators in the Chinese ward!  And then we saw a recent convert.  One really amazing miracle actually started the night before.  I had felt like we needed to go see this part member family, where the wife is active and the husband, we've only taught him once because he is so busy.  But we had a pretty full schedule so we put them as a back up.  But I felt very strongly that we needed to go over and see her, so we did! And we were an answer to her unspoken prayers, she was so stressed about this test that she has coming up, and just with life in general.  She was so grateful that we came and were able to uplift her in some way, so that was a miracle! :)  God really is aware of each of us, He does know us personally, but sometimes He does work through other people to help us even more.  I am so grateful that I was able to experience that, as I have seen many times as a missionary, to feel and know that God does love each of us, that He is aware of every single one of us, and that His ultimate purpose is for us to be happy, and He will help us be happy, if we are willing to listen to Him, and do what He has asked. 

The rest of this week has been good as well...we've been getting a lot of referrals for the Yale Ward, and so that makes our lives exciting! :) There is so much potential in Yale, and things are really starting to get going, there will be many miracles and many people brought into the church because of that ward! They will be a huge blessing to the church! I'm so grateful for the opportunity I've had to spend time in that ward, and see those miracles.  As for my Chinese...not really great at all.  I can say a few things, and I'm getting a little better at picking out some of the words I know, but they all talk so fast, so it is really hard to understand! :) 

So this week, at the beginning of this week, I set a goal to be more focused on Christ throughout the week, and that has just been so great.  We are members of His church.  This is His gospel that we get to share with the world.  And it is so amazing.  Everything we have is because of Jesus Christ, He is our perfect example, and I've just felt that as I focus on Him, now and in the future, that we can find more joy and more happiness in our lives.  If we are trying to learn about Him, we will become more like Him, and as we do that, we will be happy.  That is the purpose of life, to be happy!  And we can do that as we focus on Christ. :) 

I love you all so much!  And I know that this email is a lot shorter than most of my others, but I don't really know what else to say!  Other than that is was a good week and I'm looking forward to this upcoming week, I'll be going on one last exchange to Laguna Beach tomorrow, and then we have a Sister’s Conference on Thursday, so I am looking forward to that! :) 

I hope you have a great week!

Remember to Focus on Christ!

I love you!

Love,

Sister Taylor Burningham


No comments:

Post a Comment