Friday, June 20, 2014

Hope

Dear Family,                                                                                        March 31, 2014

There are so many things that I could title this email, for it was an exciting week!   There were many things that were good and fun and different, and well, there has been a lot on my mind, and a lot that I want to say!  So, we shall see what comes out!   
  
So lets see, Monday night was good, we taught Michelle about the Book of Mormon, and she has been reading it everyday, and you can already tell the difference that it is making in her life.  So that is one thing that happened this week, my love for the Book of Mormon grew.  We really will grow closer to God as we read it.  We really will come to know Jesus Christ as we feast on it's words.  The Spirit will enter our lives in greater abundance as we read it.  It will change the world, one life at a time, and I know that it is changing mine.

Tuesday was a good day.  We had a window, and during that window we talked to 152 people.  Granted, most did not want to listen, and only about half took a mormon.org card, but we talked to 152 people in one hour!!!!!  It was pretty fantastic, and it was fun. It made me excited and happy about missionary work, and about this gospel we are sharing.  It is so wonderful! :)   It is just so great!  Also, I know that the more people we talk to, the more people we will find to teach, and the more people we will baptize!   So, this week we talked to 316 people.  It was really cool.  I am glad that we have to keep track of how many people we talk to.  At first it was more about the numbers.  I don't know exactly when it changed, but now it is about the people.   I want to help as many as I can come and accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ! :) So we try to talk to everyone.  It can be hard, but it really is so fun!

So this week we talked to a lot of people, taught lessons! :)  Things are going well missionary work wise, we even had a baptism on Saturday.  It wasn't anyone we are teaching though, one of the elders, Elder Tanefski, he is the only member in his family, and his dad came down from Nevada to be baptized by his son.  It was a really unique and wonderful thing to see!  The Spirit was strong!  It was right after the Women's broadcast as well, so we were all full of the Spirit from that, and then we went and got to see this man get baptized, it was a miracle!  :)  Also, just a side note, at the baptism, they had an octet from our choir sing.   (4 elders and 4 sisters) and I sang! Ahh... :) haha.  But, I must be able to sing at least a little bit (remember Jung?)   But, it went well, and it was powerful, and a cool experience, but scary!!!! :)

Lets see...we've been spending more time outside,  and since summer is coming, the sun is closer, so we got a little burned this week, but we learned our lesson and will be wearing sunscreen from now on! ;) But I do have to say, I am getting a fabulous watch tan line.  ;)    But, anyway, things are good.  Ardell is still great!   He is solid, and still set for baptism!  So, hopefully we will get to see him two times this week.   Michelle is great, like I mentioned before! And Ethan and Giselle we weren't able to see this week, but we are hoping to get to see them soon!!!

Ok what else.  Oh, transfers are tomorrow, but Sister Hurst and I are staying the same. :)   We guessed that we would stay together, since she is still getting trained, but weird things could happen.  But I’m glad I get to be in Laguna Beach for at least 6 more weeks.  I'd love to stay here until the end of my mission, but we will see how that goes!   I'll go wherever the Lord calls me!!!

Hmmm oh yes, So yesterday, President and Sister Orgill's daughter came and spoke to our mission, she talked about her story and about how we become who God wants us to be through pressure and polishing.   It was very inspiring.  And we really do all have different challenges and concerns and things that we all go through.  We all have a story.  It is written in part by our choices, but also by the things that we experience.   Our stories are so unique, and so personal. Everything that we go through is exactly what we need to return to our Father in Heaven and become like Him! :) I am grateful for my own story. I am also grateful for all the hard things I have been through.  One of my favorite quotes from Jodi (the Orgill's daughter) was this: "I wouldn't be here now, if I hadn't been where I was then."   I am so grateful for everything that has led up to this point in my life, and for the things that I will yet experience.   :)

The last thing I wanted to talk about was the Plan of Salvation.   We taught a member last night, practicing teaching the plan of salvation.  And at the end we were talking about what the P.O.S means to us personally, and she was telling us about how in a Relief Society lesson once she asked the women to share just one word that described the plan of salvation to them.  She shared how there were so many words, because we are all so different.  But I was thinking about it, and I think the word that I would use is hope.  The Plan of Salvation gives me so much hope.  Hope in who I can become.  Hope in God.  Hope in his plan for me.  Hope that there is more after this life.  Hope.   I love that word, I really do.   

So, I HOPE that you have a great week!   Enjoy conference, follow the inspiration that you receive, and do all you can to draw closer to the Lord! :)  I love you all, and I you are so great! I feel so blessed, in so many ways!!!!!!!

I love you!!!

Love,

Sister Taylor Burningham


No comments:

Post a Comment