Monday, February 10, 2014

Having A Strong Foundation


January 13, 2014

Well hello, and what an interesting week!!! Can't wait to tell you all about it!

So, Tuesday we said goodbye to some members, and then we went to Irvine for transfer meeting!  So that was exciting, Sister Morgan and I stayed together and it is just the two of us.  So, that will take a little bit of adjusting since I've been in a trio for the past 6 months, but so far things are going good, and we are still getting along great!  And just getting to know the ward better.

So that was Tuesday, Wednesday....  We saw Mariana who is a convert of just 2 years, and she is trying to come back to church again, and she has a desire to serve a mission, so that was good to see her!  We also saw Giselle, and that was good, and then we went to mutual to get to know the youth better, because here in Laguna, the youth are really the ones that are on fire!  So we went to their activity, and that was good, and I'm just really grateful that I'm not a teenager anymore!! haha ;)

Thursday was good, and different.  I stayed home with Sister Cooper (the one who got the concussion a few weeks ago, cause she is still recovering) but her comp needs to get out and work, so she's been going on lots of exchanges. So I stayed in most of the day.  We did go to our choir practice though.  And then Sister Cooper slept, and I cleaned the apartment and organized my stuff, which was much needed and really refreshing! :) So that was good, and I was able to just talk to sister Cooper, cause she just wants to talk, and have social interactions and not sleep all day, which is what she needs, but it was good to get to know her a little bit better!

Friday was a busy day, we went to early morning seminary, and then I had a meeting with the Zone Leaders and District Leaders and then the rest of our day was pretty normal.

Saturday was EXCELLENT! Why??? Cause Judy got baptized (say what?!?) So on Thursday I found out that Judy was gonna get baptized.  Apparently she really felt like she needed to get baptized this week, so she called the Elders, and it happened! It was a good baptism, and I was so glad that I was able to go! Plus it was just a miracle, that she got baptized, cause before we weren't sure if that was gonna ever happen after she didn’t back in November, but it was a miracle!  And a happy day! :)  Then we went and weekly planned, and then met with Sister Madrid, and then went home to find Sister Drinkwater and her companion at our apartment as well, so we had dinner with them and that was a party.  Then we went out, and our appointments fell through, so we were thinking about where we should go, and ended up going to see Brian and Kristy (that is what the Spirit told us to do).  And I am just so grateful for the Spirit, and for the chance that I have as a missionary to go into so many different homes and feel the Spirit (either abundantly or not) but it was so wonderful in that home, it really felt like being home, and it was a good way to end our day!

Yesterday was good as well, church and then we sang in a different sacrament meeting, contacted, saw Ronnie, oh so About Ronnie, she is 18, her dad is a less active member, and she met the Sisters last April, but she now really wants to get baptized!  She started to read the bible, (she wants to read everything in order) and she comprehends so well! She really is going to gain her testimony as she reads from the scriptures!  So we are excited for her baptism in 2 weeks!  And mom, she was really excited to show me the conversation that you had with her, so that was fun! :)

So, Ethan and Giselle, their dad still hasn't said yes, but he hasn't said no, and we don't think that he is going to say no. Our Bishop took their dad and their step mom out to lunch on Saturday and Bishop said that it was really positive, and with their dad it will just take some time. So we will still be teaching the kids, they are so awesome. I love them both so much! They will get baptized, just not last Saturday! ;)

Oh, so great story about yesterday, we were contacting at this park, and there was an older man sitting on a bench, listening to a hand held radio, so we went and we started to talk to him, and as we did, he proceeded to tell us that he was the Angel Gabriel and that we were wrong.  Then, during our conversation he also told us that he was Enoch and Moses and King Arthur, so that was really exciting! :) I love talking to people though, it is just so great!   I love that I get to talk to different people everyday, and one thing I've been thinking about is how this is God's work, and if they don't listen, that is their choice of agency,  and because it is God's work, He will provide a way for them to hear it again. But that right now, really the best thing that I can do is just  open my mouth to everyone, even if it is awkward or hard, because everyone deserves to hear the gospel, and the gospel is getting shared right now.  God's work is moving forward, and it is our choice to be a part of it or not! :)  So anyway, just some thoughts I've been having.  And just loving talking to everyone! :)

Dad, I love your little 4 word themes for different years, I love that you and mom love the gospel so much.  The other day Sister Morgan and I were talking about our families, and it just hit me again how grateful I am for the family that I have. I am so grateful for the standards that we not only had in our home, but that we lived.    I know that the testimony that I have really started because of the foundation that I had when I was growing up, so thank you mom and dad, for living the gospel, for loving the gospel and helping me to do the same! I love you!

Well, that was my week, it was a good one, and I am just again just loving being a missionary, this transfer is going to be a good one! I’ll keep working hard, and doing all that I can to help others come closer to the Savior! :)

It sounds like your week was great! I love that you loved your Stake Conference, we have ours next week and I’m excited for that!! Hmm, better get indexing (100 isn't that hard,  I did like 300 the day that we were learning how a few months ago, but they were pretty easy ones to read, but still!  I love it!  It's really fun! )

Anyway, I hope you have a good week!!!! :) I’m sure it will be! Keep being yourselves, and praying for opportunities to share the gospel, whether it is with someone who is a member or who is not, it is still all so important! :)

I hope you have a great week!  I know that this church is true! I know that we are here on earth at this time for a specific purpose.  I know that God knows our full potential! I know that Jesus Christ will help us with all things! I know that the Atonement works! I know that there is nowhere else that I would rather be right now in my life.  I love being a missionary!

Love,

Sister Taylor Burningham

p.s. 11 months today!

No comments:

Post a Comment